Reaching the Community
Jay Lowder Harvest Ministries' Adventure Weekend provides local churches with a unique and powerful approach to reaching the community with the message of Christ.
Catered toward the individual interests of the entire family, an Adventure Weekend provides specific activities to meet the interests of men, women, students and children alike. The weekends are designed to help develop and strengthen the relationship between the local churches and the surrounding community, while providing an opportunity to share the Gospel with those who do not typically attend church.
Each Adventure Weekend is uniquely tailored to the host community, a typical Adventure Weekend might include:
- Youth Event - Students gather for pizza, prizes, music and a chance to mingle with their friends. Occasionally, a church will choose to use a professional band or personality, such as professional athletes to draw a larger crowd. Then Jay will share his personal story and give a Gospel presentation.
- Women's Event – The women of the church bring an unsaved friend for a night of food, fun, shopping, fellowship and prizes. This is a decorated banquet style event that is catered with a variety of possibilities tailored to each community’s needs. Occasionally, a church will choose to have vendors set up booths for the women to peruse before and after the event. Also, the church can choose to use a professional band to play during the catered meal. After dinner, Jay will present a message that every woman can relate to, even during different seasons of their lives and then give a Gospel presentation.
- Outdoor Expo -This event is tailored to the entire family. A variety of vendors, shows, rides and bounce houses are just a few of the things provided for men, women, students and children to enjoy. Occasionally, a church will choose to bring in professional personalities or Kingdom Dog Ministries to present a dog show with a Gospel message. The entire family can enjoy many different types of food, fun, prizes and giveaways. The possibilities are endless and there is something for everyone in the family to participate in.
- Men’s Event – This is typically a sports or outdoorsmen themed event, catered with "manly" foods such as steak or wild-game. Churches are encouraged to have a professional personality or band to perform before and during the meal. Men, young and old, come together for an evening of live music, food, fun and to hear a message from Jay such as his four life lessons while hunting and fishing. Each message has a Gospel presentation within that connects personally with the men.
- Community Worship -The event wraps up the weekend and is usually held at an event center, coliseum or gym. Churches, communities and families come together to worship and hear the Gospel. Occasionally, a church will choose to use a professional Christian band or personality to draw a larger crowd.